Things to consider that will help justify your travel and meeting expense:
- Check out the registration page and determine the various rates listed and see if you qualify for any discounted rates be ready to present the exact amount.
- Focus on specific benefits/value that you will bring back to your office as a return of investment.
- Share your experience. Propose to deliver a short presentation to your colleagues to share what you learned and office possible applications and recommendations relevant to your office.
- Share relevant meeting materials to colleagues that will benefit from the handouts and other learning materials from the meeting.
- Prepare a plan that will show your supervisor who will cover for you and how your workload will be handled while you are attending the meeting.
For more information please see Attendance Justification Toolkit located on the right side of this page.